• View Profile
save
« on: December 08, 2009, 22:02:06 »
bb

wince

• View Profile
save
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 22:06:05 »
hi. similarity found 5000 duplicates in my file. I dont have time to go through them all today. If I shut down my computer will I have to rescan again???

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
save
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 13:15:10 »
yes, you need to rescan again (but in this time most data will took from cache), saving will be implemented in future versions.
Also you can save you scan as playlist file.

Dar.Mar

save
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:25 »
Hello.

First of all, compliments on Your software. It's really great and most of all - helpful.

I agree with user "wince": it would be very useful if results could be saved in some way for later use.
For example: I left Similarity to do the work yesterday at 11:00 (am) and it finished the job today at 08:30 (am) (21.5 hours) - that's with experimental analisys off. My point: all this work is useles because today I don't have time to check those duplicates, so I'll have to do the hole analisys once more. :(
So, it would be really great if results could be exported in some other format than .m3u, and later imported back without having to do new scan/check.

Another suggestion...
Since Similarity uses all of the computer's resources, it would also be helpfull if it could "write down" the results in real time to some sort of file (for example, .txt, .xls, or some other...) in user-specified location and save those entries periodically during one scan (for example once in 1 minute, or otherwise - also user-defined). This way, if power blackout occurs the scan could be continued later from that list/log.
Well, now that I've written it, I see it's a similar idea to that one above.

That's it from me for this time.

Keep up the good work.

Saver

save
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 16:44:23 »
The possibility to save results and re-open the list to work on would be great.

save
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:57:02 »
BIG please -  some sort of save function would be great. I use the playlist function but that does not tell me the % content, % tags and % experimental. The percentages help me to decide if I should listen to the file or just delete.

save
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:49 »
It can save them as a playlist so you can hear all of your duplicates over, and over, and over, and over,,,,,  Does it keep a copy of the file in the original location or are all the copies in the results poage.  If I delete all of the copies showing in the results page, will that file be completely gone?

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
save
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 23:04:35 »
If you rescan they will be removed from results tab.

hsei

• View Profile
save
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 16:27:47 »
A possible workaround is not to shut down your computer but to switch to hibernate / power saving or whatever that is called in your OS. In Win7 it was even possible for me to pause scanning and to proceed from that point after restarting Windows.