Author Topic: Mac Beta version available  (Read 21284 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Mac Beta version available
« on: October 26, 2012, 19:13:13 »
Download

Similarity works on Mac OS X 10.6 and above. Just open image file and copy Similarity icon to Applications folder.
  • In this version we introduce new automark features.
  • In this version Premium features works in free without any limitations.

The following features aren't implemented yet:

• Other decoders, current version uses only Apple CoreAudio decoder, it supports already many formats (mp3,mp4,...), we implement other decoders after changes in Windows version. All decoders will work out of main process and if they crash they doesn't corrupt and can be simply restarted.
  • Image preview doesn't implemented yet, we plan major change in preview in Windows too, it implemented sooner
  • Tag editor doesn't work yet
  • Autosave/autoload feature, this functional will changed in Windows too, we allow save and restore results in separate files
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 18:16:06 by Admin »

SR

Re: Mac Beta version available
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 14:50:00 »
First off, THANK YOU for releasing a Mac version, much appreciated! :D

I appear to get stuck out of the box though, as I can't seem to access the external drive that stores all of my music, am I missing something?

There is no "Volumes" folder in the directory tree in the left pane, I can't drag the volume to the app, and I have tried setting up a symbolic link to it but it sees that as a file, not a directory... I don't have enough room on my internal drive for my music collection so help with this would be great.

Thank you again
SR

editorjacobs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 05:31:16 »
I agree...first and foremost FINALLY!!!   THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  I have been waiting for the Mac version for so long.  I also have found that the external drives are not being recognized by the program.  It would definitely be a nice touch to be able to have that accessability instead of having to copy the audio files to my main computer and then drag them back to the hard drive.  I also do not have enough internal drive space to be able to do this.  But again, thank you for finally putting out the Mac version.

editorjacobs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 05:47:12 »
And I'm wanting to add a little bit...I a bunch of SFX onto my desktop to take the program for a spin.  Upon directing the program to the folder that I had placed 670 SFX, it scanned the folder ok and it located duplicates ok, but then within about 2 seconds the program crashes.  I tried it several different ways, but no matter the option, if the program scans to search for duplicates...as soon as the results come up, the program crashes.  I am running on OS 10.7.4, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB of DDR3 ram.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 19:23:34 »
About external drivers, yes we know about this problem and working on solution, we busy with releasing new Windows version and combining 2 different architectures.