Author Topic: Version 1.8.2 released  (Read 14846 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Version 1.8.2 released
« on: February 12, 2013, 17:18:48 »
Download 32-bit version

Download 64-bit version

Changes list:
  • 64 bit version released, can process huge amount of files, depends only on available RAM. 32-bit version of Similarity can use only 2 GB of memory, regardless of actual available memory, please consider using 64-bit version. We successfully checked it on 318 000 files, with all algorithms enabled.

• Redesigned caching mechanics, view and comparing caches are same, reduces memory consumption and comparing time
  • Analysis results are cached now. From now already analyzed files, doesn't processed again, reduces analysis time
  • Audio Analysis and Duplicate results tabs are fully synchronized, if you delete/swap/rename on one tab it automatically changed on other
  • Crash dialog for 32-bit contains warning about insufficiency of memory. Most crashes what come to us is 'Out of memory' situation

• 32-bit version has 'Handle Large Addresses' attribute. 64-bit version Windows can give such 32-bit application full 4GB of memory, not just 2GB
  • Auto-mark dialog folders contain only folders from duplicate pairs, not all sub-folders
  • Fixed issue with folder groups changing in cached files
  • Fixed issue with folder groups sorting in auto-mark dialog ('None' group worst from now)
  • Fixed issue with Power state (computer can't go to sleep mode after scanning complete)
  • Minor fixes

Warning! Incompatible with previous version of cache, to build compartability between 64-bit version and 32-bit version cache structure changed, this version clears previous one.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 21:00:33 by Admin »

hsei

• View Profile
Re: Version 1.8.2 (build 1656) released
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 17:39:35 »
64-bit-version appears to be much more stable as previous 32-bit ones. It looks like I am now able to compare new candidates against my complete (huge) tree of sound files (tested with 1.8.2beta, to be confirmed with final release).

Max

Re: Version 1.8.2 released
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 13:01:35 »
Hope this version provides more stable way of work. i keep getting crashes alot.
as premium user, i do glad that you guys update and try to solve the problems, in order to make this app better
thanks

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Version 1.8.2 released
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 22:22:48 »
Installer updated, build 1657
* fixed crash in Spectrogram window