Author Topic: How to delete dupes?  (Read 59497 times)

ben

How to delete dupes?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 10:13:23 »
I wait for the update, succes admin

pureride

How to delete dupes?
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 18:48:41 »
Complete;ly agree with the above users.  I came to this site after downloading similarity earlier today and now I have this list of songs and other mida files that are dupes on my cimputer.  Great, thanks for letting me know I have dupes now what are you going to do about it!

Sort of misleading.  I figured there would be a "fix" button.  Or "remove duplicates".

Will continue my search.

lynx

How to delete dupes?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 18:27:20 »
First: your program does a fantastic job in finding duplicate songs!

But, I don't know if I agree with the above.
For me you're allowed to implement a magic "Fix" button, but I would never trust pressing one button to de-dupe my huge collection (>100.000 songs) all at once.
I want to decide myself which one to keep and which one to delete.

If pressing that "Fix" button presents me what it SUGGESTS to do, I'm OK.
If pressing that "Fix" button starts deleting files, I'll NEVER use it. Really.

terrence35

• View Profile
Re: How to delete dupes?
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 12:04:09 »
At first doubted but now is quite good for I keep a huge collection of MP3...This will be quite helpful... :)

wannesvdp

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 21:08:40 »
Do you have any idea when that 'fixbutton' is going to be ready? because i have over 4000 duplicates and don't want to delete them manually.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 11:57:46 »
You need Premium version with Automark feature.

rogerjrod

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 21:35:18 »
I have the premium version. When I click on "automark" a window pops up with a list of options, I chose an option....but NOTHING GETS MARKED???!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 16:04:37 »
disable tags algorithm when automarking.

bpk02766

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 14:25:11 »
I just bought the premium version and I have to tell you I'm very disappointed.   The program is very unfriendly to the average user.   When I run the analysis and I get a list of files, are only the duplicates shown?   Or are all files shown (original and duplicates) and I have to select which ones to delete?   What if they're all 100% on precision or they match in all other categories?

I have thousands of duplicates and so far it seem that my best option is just to go through the folders where they're stored and delete them manually one by one.

I feel like I just wasted my money.  Very disappointed.   

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 22:32:36 »
We tried to make it simple, but some things need to clarify first.
Analysis designed to check quality of files not to find duplicates, you need to scan for duplicates and after scan use analysis on found duplicates. You can use automark to help you to delete duplicates.
Please read Tutorial and Analysis article

Russinthailand

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 08:32:30 »
I just don't get this app...

I just bought the premium version and I've read and tried to understand the tutorial, but it just doesn't make sense. It seems that the author of the tutorial, for all their good intentions, is not a native English speaker. It just isn't clear in describing how to use the app. Further, it is written like a person who WROTE the application explaining how it was designed, not for the USER who just want's to figure out how to get the desired results.

I have lots of duplicate songs. Some tagged properly, some not. Some with the same file names and some with different file names.

I just want to have the tool sort thought these files and choose the highest bitrate version of each song and get rid of the rest.
I don't care about file sizes or song durations or any other nonsense.

I DO care that the app can tell the difference between a live version and a studio version of the same song and keep them both. (Or even MULTIPLE different live cuts of the same song...) In the end, I just want ONE copy of each recording that is the Highest Bitrate version.

Can this app do it, or not?

If so, please tell me what settings are needed to make it happen.

Thanks,

Russ

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 07:40:04 »
I too have purchased the Premium version but it turns out to be basically useless to fix my music library. Since I have thousands of dupes and this automarking feature does NOTHING to select all but one for deletion, there is no payoff in buying this software.

I notice that the supposed offer to add some smart marking feature to chose all but one for deletion was made several years ago, and that this thread has been around for YEARS !!!

Nothing done to fix this problem combined with a tutorial which really blows makes this program a total waste of money for me.

PLEASE add this promised feature!

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 12:58:43 »
If automark mark very small amount of files you need to decrease thresholds in automark dialog and disable some unnecessery algorithms (for example tags comparing algorithm), but only if you sure that marked files will be duplicates. Automark isn't AI tool that thinks for you that files to save and that to delete, it only helps you. If user for example set very low thresholds in options and automark after it can easly delete "false" duplicates.