Author Topic: how do i know what tracks to keep? audio quality.  (Read 13328 times)

burrz

• View Profile
how do i know what tracks to keep? audio quality.
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:15:53 »
Hey guys I'm trying to understand how to use this program, and I'm a little lost at the moment.
My question is, when I scan an album using similarity I get a few different rating values. Some songs get 70% and others get 80% and 90% ratings. what is the cut off point for a songs audio quality rating? Am i looking for all 100%? or are 80% and 90% song files considered good to keep?
some albums that I have scanned have passed with almost perfect ratings like 98.9 , so I'm just wondering if my music should be meting a certain percentage in order for it to be considered a keeper.
thanks for the info in advanced.

soylentgreen

• View Profile
Re: how do i know what tracks to keep? audio quality.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 14:37:32 »
I think for general listening, 70% and above is good. 100% is not realistic since many publishers release music that's badly clipping (so it sounds over-bassed and louder).

If you have a good audio system, and by that I mean high-end speakers and amplifier, or high-end headphones, then you'll hear a difference between 50% and 100%. But if you listen mostly in your car, or with basic earbuds, or computer speakers, you won't hear much of a difference.

So just listen to the song and decide whether it's acceptable quality to YOUR ears :)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: how do i know what tracks to keep? audio quality.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 18:12:09 »
It's complicated question you must understand that rating calculated from many values, some may be important for you some not. Example mono files have lower rating than stereo, but some old compositions exists only as mono and have very limited frequency range. Please read more here: http://www.similarityapp.com/analysis
In new version you can see any fields from analysis in audio duplicates results, it help distinquesh quality by any calculated field.