Author Topic: Global scan very slow - Log error is "The I/O operation has been aborted..."  (Read 9172 times)

beatsystem

• View Profile
Hi,

I've been running the app happily every few months on Windows 10 64-bit, using the global scan on a huge collection with no problems. Full scan would run in 3-4 days, a day or so for the first half, 2-3 days for the second half.

However, running it last week, I found the first half of the scan has slowed down considerably, now taking 8-10 days just for the first half. Second half runs normally.

I looked in the log and saw these errors appearing every 10-15 seconds during the first scan:

2018-12-29 19:41:12   Process(decoder) is hang up
2018-12-29 19:41:12   CProcessLink::Read:445  [false] [995, The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.  ]
2018-12-29 19:41:12   CAudioDecoder::Open:80  [-3] [995, The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.  ]
2018-12-29 19:41:12   CAudioIndexer::PrepareIndex:682  [false] [995, The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.  ]
2018-12-29 19:41:26   Process(decoder) is hang up

Previously I never saw anything in the log that gave me cause for concern.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how I can solve it? I'm not sure if it is the fault of the application, a windows update gone wrong or my network. It's baffling.

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Sorry for the delay.
This means Similarity has some problems with out-of-process decoder, it's didn't answer in time. After sometime Similarity kills it and restart, you can try to disable some decoders for checking. Also you can enable debug log, add "debugLog=1" in config.ini inside "%appdata%\Similarity" folder. All logs stored in "%appdata%\Similarity\logs" folder.