General Category > General

Duration inconsistencies

<< < (33/33)

Admin:
Some decoders can't give exact duration of audio file, ang give some approximation.Can you send this problematic file to our email to analyse.

WimYogya:
I wish it was ONE file, there are many, hundreds...
At the moment I am ready to go on vacation with no pc access.
Will send you examples after I am back.
Thanks!

Modified:
I just found time to send you a screenshot of one of the examples. See attachment.
Based upon my settings Similarity found 2 (almost identical) versions of Only You, by the Flying Pickets. It SAYS one file is 3:55, the other 4:13.
But in my player I have 3 files, two of them 3:23, one of 3:25. Very different from what Similarity found.
And with the Similarity player the audiospectrum shows 3:23 within a total track length of 3:55 - which includes: a dead end.
After I sent the screenshot I played the second version in Similarity, with similar result: audiospectrum 3:25, given duriation 4:13
So, what to think of that and how to get more precise results?

Apart from this: is there any program that could DELETE unusually long silences from tracks?
I only know that I can instruct my player (MusicBee) to decrease silences to (for instance) 2 seconds, but the actual LENGTH of the track remains.
In Audacity I can remove the silences, but that is an awful lot of work.
Any better tool?

Admin:
Please, send this file to us, I think the problem with VBR coding method.

hsei:
A good tool for editing MP3s (e.g. removing silence) without recoding is MP3DirectCut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version