Similarity 2.3.0 build 2300Download (32/64-bit Windows)This version contains new global optimization algorithm which increase scanning speed drammatically. It's specially designed for users with collection containg more 5000 files, for smaller number of files it does has no effect, even scans slower.
On Intel I7-2600 CPU scanning 60000 audio files, previous version of Similarity with default settings took 12h 50min, new version with general optimization took 2h 32min
. Also new algorithm found for 100 duplicates more, because no duration check limitation. For more files this new version scans even faster, because it's complexity is linear time, while old method complexity is squared.You need manually enable this optimization to take effect
Scanning take 2 stages (fills percent bar two times): first indexing (no duplicates shown), second comparing (duplicates filled).
And we planning to end support of Windows XP in next version. If you need such support please write us email at email@example.com
- Algorithm is still in beta stage, not optimized very well.
- Algorithm cannot be continued after exit and restart of program, you need to restart it.
- Disables image comparision.
- Ignores user setting.
- Uses modified version of 'Precise' algorithm (doesn't matches with current version).
- No old content algorithm. In the content score field shown raw score of indexing algorithm (shown for debug purpose only), can be easly ignored.