Author Topic: Version 1.4.1 released  (Read 19708 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Version 1.4.1 released
« on: September 02, 2010, 22:11:32 »
Starting from this version of Similarity we introduce a paid Premium subscription to some of the advanced functions. They include:
  • Precise comparison method
  • Automatic save and restore
  • Automatically mark
  • Rearrange groups
  • Folder groups
  • Priority 48 hours technical support.

We are forced to switch payments to the subscription form, because as it’s being developed, Similarity needs more and more resources to support it: we spend that money on tag auto-filling server rental, extending the functionality of the program, translating it to other languages and so on. The basic functionality is still free. Thank you for your understanding.

Duration check added

Please, read new articles:
FAQ
Working with groups in Similarity
Step-by-step tutorial

songbird

• View Profile
Re: Version 1.4.1 released
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:20:39 »
Although I understand that making/supporting a good, useful piece of software costs money, I'm not willing to pay for it.
The reason is simple: I have a HUGE collection of mp3's (>100k songs) and so far Similarity wasn't able to go through that collection without hanging or crashing.  :(
I'm sorry...

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Version 1.4.1 released
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 23:00:13 »
Although I understand that making/supporting a good, useful piece of software costs money, I'm not willing to pay for it.
The reason is simple: I have a HUGE collection of mp3's (>100k songs) and so far Similarity wasn't able to go through that collection without hanging or crashing.  :(
I'm sorry...
It's not true, all crashes what we received latter caused by 3rd party decoders (except very rare out of memory situation) , we can't rewrite this decoders, they not ours, examples of problematic decoders mmf:DivXMFSource.dll, dshow:OpenQuickTime.
You can disable Similarity decoders or limit they file extensions, example replace "*" with something like "mp3 aac mp4", after this, no other files touched by universal decoders.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 23:06:22 by Admin »