Author Topic: have to start all over again and again  (Read 25895 times)

eddy-100

• View Profile
have to start all over again and again
« on: September 30, 2010, 10:25:50 »
I got alot of files to do,i need to do it in serveral days,the problem is that if i turn off the puter the scan starts over again,the cache is there but after i start puter again it starts again at zero
thought gonna put my puter in sleepystand for the next day but it did a update and again i have to start on zero again !!!
is there a way to change this so that i can go further where i stopped....
Thank you very much

Eddy

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: have to start all over again and again
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 18:26:35 »
How many files do you have ?

Premium Subscription has autosave feature, save state on exit and continue scan on next run.

eddy-100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 13:16:40 »
if i close the programm and go back in then i go further where i stopped
but if i turn off puter then i start  over again at the first file !
also if i use the automark,u see the files in red(marked),but if u go to remove then it delets the black files (the good ones)
Thank you
Eddy

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 20:40:46 »
About automark, just checked - everything works right, only marked files are deleted. You may be confused by dissapearence from list of unmarked files, but this is correct, groups from 1 files doesn't shown because they don't have duplicate pairs and removed, but this file not deleted, just not shown (they don't have more duplicates).

About cache, if every time then you run program it shows that cache is 0 - this is not right, please, send us logs from "%APPDATA%\Similarity\logs" by email and aprox. number of files to scan, we try to help you.

eddy-100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:52:57 »
Thank you very much for ur answer,like ur example showing under it have to remove 89 files...then i guess it have to delete 89 tho?
but if u click to remove the files then it counts only the black ones example 30...
is this right then?

About the cache...its true that its saving the cache but example i have 40 000 files
new:30 000/70 000
next round 40 000 in cache ,but the new starts to count at 0 again...after i restart puter...
0/70 000
so its not going further on 30 000 where i stopped
it takes a while then before its again on 30 000...
thats what i ment
Thank you
Eddy

eddy-100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:57:13 »
Just  want to tell u that i work with windows 7

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 00:47:39 »
In true it deletes not 89 files, only 48 (from 89 selected files, only 48 uniques, others - repeats from diff. group). For speedup we count only selected rows not checking uniqueness of file (one file can be in a few groups). In future we possible change this behaviour.

I think I understand you issue, it our small mistake, when scan continues, counter of new files begin from 0. But it work correct all files scanned before not scanned again they just not counted. In next version we fix this, counter will begin from previous value.

eddy-100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:03:43 »
Thank you very much !
It sure is a fantastic programm,noone could it better to find all this doubles,even in seperate titles the programm knows its the same song..Incredible !!!
Thank you for the great team !
Congrats

Eddy