General Category > Wishlist

(1) duplicate _folders; (2) drag+drop into other application

<< < (2/2)

vivid:
I've been a premium user of Similarity for years now. It is really worth the money if you have a big audio collection like me. The program is fantastic at what it does but it lacked a convenient folder comparison in my opinion. So, a friend of mine wrote this program for me some years ago:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OmSOvvzu4VtczVa_3BbP79gPvZyT7WJV/view?usp=sharing

What it does is it reads an HTML export from Similarity and then it calculates a percentage of how alike folders are when it comes to music files. You have to click "open dupes report" and select an HTML file exported from Similarity, click on the tab "dupes by folder" and click the button "check duplicity %". It will calculate similar folders and it will show a percentage that you can order by clicking on the "%" sign. You have also a textbox that will allow you to filter specific paths, so that you can search duplicate folders and files only within a folder.

If you double click on any of the pairs or if you press "Shift+Enter" it will open two explorers so that you can see the folders yourself in case you want to check something, delete, etc.

If you've already deleted some folders you can then click con "Verify files presence" so that you can save an updated HTML file that gets rid of files that are no longer there.

The program is a little buggy but I've been using it for years and I'd really wish the authors of Similarity implemented something alike in their program. My friend would be willing to give you the source code for free if you might need it to save you some time in case you decided to do something similar.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version