Author Topic: "Cannot delete file. Cannor read from source file or disc". Accept missing files  (Read 23652 times)

Springdream

• View Profile
Similarity just tells me "Cannot delete file. Cannor read from source file or disc".
May be it is because some files may really not exist in the meantime, but it is very annoying to run through the whole scan procedure again...
Was found on "Result" and "Analysis" page. Also files from Analysis seem not to be updated after they were deleted?!
Thank you,
Martin

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Yes we know abou this problem, if you remove files bypass Similarity you need to rescan again, it much faster because it use cache.

Springdream

• View Profile
well, thanks, but suggestion is that software simply accepts that files are missing.
And:
Maybe that is a differnt issue: rescan also takes a long time. It looks like that the first 800 files are very fast (e.g. 30sec), but then it gets slower and slower and finally ends up in less than 1 file/second.
So with some 10000 files it takes 24 hours even with CUDA using GTX460 card...
BTW it always shows cache: 0 ?!

hsei

• View Profile
Cache indication of 0 after comparison start seems to be a bug: After restart (before comparison run) former cache size is shown again. Comparison speed is also a hint that cache is used: The fast speed at the beginning means that signatures from cache are used, slower speed appears when signature is not in cache and has to be calculated from audio source.
I agree that missing files should be misregarded. A similar annoying problem: If you mark a couple of files and try to execute an action on these (e.g. delete), execution is refused if one file does no longer exist. You have to reduce the marking range or even act on single files until you have the noexisting file no longer in your selection. If you have another nonexisting file in the rest of your selection - same procedure again.

Springdream

• View Profile
I can't reduce the range as the automarked results are not selectable. You only can select all files including the not-to-delete-files.
But I found a workaround. MOVING files workes...