Author Topic: Option to scan full length of files  (Read 23431 times)

sc4275

• View Profile
Option to scan full length of files
« on: April 09, 2011, 20:17:24 »
I notice that the program only scans for similarity for about a minute at the start of each track.  I understand that the more information that is decoded, the longer it would take to scan, but I would like the option to scan the full length of each file if I want to.

I have lots of short clips that I know are in the middle of other longer clips, however at the moment the program does not pick them up.

Maybe a default setting of scanning the first minute (as it seems to be now), with the option to lengthen it if required.

This would be very, very useful to me.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Option to scan full length of files
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 20:43:58 »
yes we planning to add some options about scaning time in future.

H Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 22:29:16 »
ADMIN just so I understand the question and your response. The reference to only 1 minute being processed in a track refers to the function of comparing on track to another to establish whether they are duplicates? I assumed when I purchased the program that the analyses of sound quality (eg clipping, silence, mean, step, max, max freq, spectrum and clicks) are a result of processing the whole track. It would make no sense for me to compare the quality of two tracks and delete the lower quality track if all the program has done is analyzed the first minute of the track. Time of processing is not an issue. You setup the analyses of tracks, and go for a beer. The slower your processor, the more time for another beer.  The key is an accurate analyses of the whole track not just a limited sample of the track.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 19:08:43 »
ADMIN just so I understand the question and your response. The reference to only 1 minute being processed in a track refers to the function of comparing on track to another to establish whether they are duplicates? I assumed when I purchased the program that the analyses of sound quality (eg clipping, silence, mean, step, max, max freq, spectrum and clicks) are a result of processing the whole track. It would make no sense for me to compare the quality of two tracks and delete the lower quality track if all the program has done is analyzed the first minute of the track. Time of processing is not an issue. You setup the analyses of tracks, and go for a beer. The slower your processor, the more time for another beer.  The key is an accurate analyses of the whole track not just a limited sample of the track.
Analysis mechanism scans and analyze entire audio track (full length), 1 minute scanning used only for finding duplicates, for speed reasons.