Author Topic: Clear Cache sometimes freezes  (Read 9601 times)

Springdream

• View Profile
Clear Cache sometimes freezes
« on: October 13, 2019, 19:08:31 »
Hello,
first, when comparing many many pictures the cache is more slowing down than it helps.
=> I suggest like the setting for very large collections disable the cache also for picture comparison
=> from time to time I press the clear cache button durin operation. That works in 1/3 cases, but the rest causes no response, althoug after the restart I see that the cache has been deleted.
Would hope you are able to fix/improve this. Please let me know if you need more information.
Best,
Martin

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Clear Cache sometimes freezes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 21:49:30 »
How many files in cache when freeze occurs? All of them images? Or some audio files too?

Springdream

• View Profile
Re: Clear Cache sometimes freezes
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:09:26 »
typically >60.000 images in my case although I think it is the same with audio, but when I PAUSE and then clear the cache it always works.

At this point I'd relly hope you could address the primary reason why I delete the cache: it slows down more and more and speeds up when the cache is deleted.
=> like in the global optimization I'd recommend to disable the cache also for pics comparison. Or introduce an option to disable (or limit) it in general