Author Topic: Script Market  (Read 10463 times)

Jason

Script Market
« on: December 07, 2015, 21:39:53 »
Now that scripting is a part of Similarity (very neat ability, btw) I think it would be great if there was a spot on the website or in the forums where people could post useful scripts that they've written or engage in general scripting Q&A. I think that a resource like that would be another great draw to Similarity for new/returning users. Not everyone is going to be proficient in JavaScript (or want to get proficient) so this will help the less technical-minded users get the most out of their software purchase. For my part, I'm teaching myself rudimentary javascript for purposes of creating scripts in Similarity but it's a slow process.

Cheers,
J

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Script Market
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 17:02:42 »
It's too early to integrate such feature into Similarity, you can always use forum for such task. One imperceptible pitfall of scripting is security reasons on file operations, Similarity doesn't check and can't to forbid what files allowed to read/write and what not. Even without direct access to text files, some hacker can use core file enumerating functional as a security breach.
And this is one of the reasons of new OSX version delay, Apple don't like scripting in the programs (same security reasons) if you plan to distribute via AppStore.