Author Topic: Grouping different songs, do not understand  (Read 16272 times)

BrunoBibou

• View Profile
Grouping different songs, do not understand
« on: June 23, 2014, 15:10:07 »
Hi,
I have bought Similarity Premium yesterday and was able to remove hundreds of duplicate songs on my computer, therefore gaining plenty of space on my Samsung Galaxy. I have understood the basics, read the tutos... I must admit I am not sure I have understood all the analytics, but I will carry on.
One thing that disturbed me was grouping of songs that were totally not the same (for example all songs of a same album).
I have no clue why these songs are grouped as duplicate. Can anyone helped me on this, as I have no clue what to do and they keep coming after evry run.
Thanks,
Bruno

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Grouping different songs, do not understand
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 20:23:11 »
Current grouping mode dosn't documented yet, all articles about old versions. To simplify grouping scheme you can switch to "flat grouping mode" in Options. Information from news:

New flat grouping mode

Files grouped in flat mode by Base File (first file in pair) - File (second file in pair). Example:
Flat mode:

Files grouped in Normal mode by Super group (smart group) - Base File (first file in pair) - File (second file in pair, always collapsed). This mode is default. Example:
Normal Mode:

To switch to flat mode, you need enable checkbox in Options (you can enable/disable it anytime).

Springdream

• View Profile
Grouping different songs/Script access to smart group content
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 17:59:42 »
Hello,
meanwhile with V2.4 (I don't know since when exactly) the behavior is different again. All redundant information is removed from the super groups.

I am wondering how to get all files in a "Super Group" (smart group) from the scipt API?

=> usecase: for Radio files: I like to keep the file with the median of the durations of all the files that are similar. Therefore I need to know the individual durations, but API provides only pairs without the information to which grouping# it belongs

Best,
Fred
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 18:25:58 by Springdream »

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Grouping different songs, do not understand
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 19:01:21 »
Sorry for the delay.
You example correct, one of them is flat and second with "super groups".
You can't get super groups via JavaScript only build them yourself, see tags-mergingex.js example, it has own super-groups.