Author Topic: Automatically complete id3 tags  (Read 26008 times)

Paul Sommer

Automatically complete id3 tags
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:49:49 »
I just came across your incredible program to clean up my 10.000 titles. It's unbelievable how well it works.

To make the program a real killer application you might consider to complete missing id3 tags.
"All" you have to do is to collect the tags from scanned songs and store them in a database. Next you need a button to get the tags for each song that don't have tags. You then can show the use a list with candidates where he can choose the adequate one.

Off cause that's a function for the paid version only :)

Anyway, thank you very much for your program. It's realy magic :)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Automatically complete id3 tags
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 20:43:07 »
It not as simple as it seems, the problem is not technical but in the scatter of same artist and album on different remixes/live conserts/compilation etc. One song can be in many albums and this is impossible to determine full tags information, you always need  to select from list. The bigger base the more such intersections. One solution to analyze not one file, but entire folder with files to determine album, but it time consuming and such bases never be up to date.

kherova

• View Profile
Re: Automatically complete id3 tags
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 21:11:32 »
I too am interested in the duplicate finder's capability, but haven't committed to purchase just yet because it doesn't have an auto tagger.  Not saying I won't buy eventually, but I would have done it right away if it had one.  I understand the issues with multiple possibilities for missing tags, but I would rather have the potential for incorrect tag data than a blank in my library.  Besides most of the time it would be close enough.  If the song was on the original and the compilation, I don't care which one it puts in the album tag, but one would be nice.  Also, the concept of automatically going through and deleting duplicates comes with some risk of error, we accept that because of the ease.  I think many of us would accept the risk of a few tags being wrong (and indeed the amount of wrong it introduces may be an acceptable trade of for the ones that it fixes that are already wrong).