Author Topic: Option to use directory as Library vs Fresh files  (Read 19008 times)

Meternx01

Option to use directory as Library vs Fresh files
« on: June 10, 2012, 22:32:03 »
In Double Killer (a generic duplicate file finder) they give an option to select folders as 'Library' or 'Fresh'. If this process doesn't infringe on a patent / copyright, I would love to see this in Similarity. An explanation follows below:

Library directories are not internally scanned, rather used as a base to compare to other Fresh files.

Fresh directories are scanned amongst themselves, and are compared to Library directories.

For example, I have an old hard drive with a directory full of un-tagged audio. I want to scan it to my master library to pick up the ones I don't have. I don't want to scan the master to find duplicates in there, I just want to see if the new files match the master. I would set the Master as a Library and the new files as Fresh. Drawback is that it scans the new files amongst themselves, but it avoids matching duplicates in the master that don't match any of the new files.

If I have missed that option in the current version, please point it out.

Thanks!

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Option to use directory as Library vs Fresh files
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 15:22:14 »
In current version you can use folder groups, see Tutorial Part 2 and forum topic for explanation.