Author Topic: Won't find doubles  (Read 27868 times)

JoTo

• View Profile
Won't find doubles
« on: August 02, 2009, 13:57:25 »
Dear GAR-Team,

first let me say, that i find the idea of Similarity awesome and that you decided to let it be freeware is very generous of you. And for my Buddy it works great already.

But i, on my pc, get a problem.

I am Using: WinXP SP3 (German), Similarity 0.9.330, Options: tag and content, 75%

Wen i select a Folder with about 240 MP3s with some doubles in (i am sure they are the same songs, but named and tagged different) Similarity find no doubles at all. The results tab is empty after the scan.

The statusbar counts back from 240 to zero and shows after the scan e.g. 6/6 and Cache: 2 or sth. like that. But results tab is empty, as said before.

What makes me think, that there is sth. going wrong is, that the scan runs like hell. It takes only 4-5 seconds to complete the scan for all 140 MP3s. My buddy told me, that on his pc the scan takes about 0,5-1 second PER FILE. So that looks that the scan do nothing at all.

Sometimes (let the scan run multiple times) the result tab contains 1 or 2 findings though. And this result count raises every time i run the scan again and again.

I dont know whats going wrong on my pc. And i dont know either what information i can give you more to trackdown the problem.

If you need more information, please dont hesitate to contact me. I'll be glad to help wherever i can (testing, debugging, whatever).

TIA for an early reply

Greetings
JoTo

JoTo

• View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 14:00:09 »
Oh i forgot,

even lowering the percentage will find no doubles.

And the scan takes 4-5 seconds for all 240 MP3s. Excuse my typo in original post.

Greetings
JoTo

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Won't find doubles
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 16:36:06 »
Thanks for your message,
If after scanning 240 cache shows 6 files, there something wrong with files or program.
Can you send 2-3 files from you collection, that not get in cache (to find that files, just copy some files to different folder and scan it, if cache counter (status bar) isn't increase they not get in cache).

JoTo

• View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:41:06 »
Dear Admin,

of course will zip some, add a screenshot fo the program window (to show you the statusbar) and send it this evening.

Question is: Send it via eMail to "support (at) music-similarity (dot) com" or other address? Shall i attach the zip or better send a link in the email and store it on my own webspace so you can download it yourself (to not flood your mailbox too much)?

Whatever you prefer. Please reply your wishes :)

Greetings
JoTo

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 09:54:51 »
Better if you download big files to some file host, and write url in e-mail.
Our mail server doesn't like big emails.

JoTo

• View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 13:23:42 »
Hi Admin,

will do! Your wish is my command! And as i own a server with enough space for such a thing, its not a problem to do this.

Thank you in advance for all your effort. I eagerly wait till i get some nice results from Similarity and being able to cleanup my collection.

Greetings
JoTo

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 18:18:36 »
JoTo
We didn't receive any e-mails.

JoTo

• View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 05:37:28 »
Dear Admin,

sorry for delay. As i said, i was able to make the test when i was at home at the evening. But now the email is on the way and the testcase zip is ready for download. For the download link, and testcase details please see the email.

If you dont received the email now either, please contact me again to see where the problem is.

Thanks again for all your effort.

Greetings
JoTo

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 18:58:14 »
JoTo
see email

JoTo

• View Profile
Won't find doubles
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 19:14:04 »
Dear Almaz,

as already told in email, here just for the public archives.

It works now like charm.

Cause was an old windows media player series 9. After updating to V 11 of WMP Similarity runs like charm.

Thanks Almaz for your help and good cooperation.

Greetings
JoTo