Author Topic: Missing: Minimize to system tray  (Read 15779 times)

Michael

Missing: Minimize to system tray
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:21:11 »
In older versions this feature was available, now it's gone ... :-(

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://www.smilarityapp.com
Re: Missing: Minimize to system tray
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:43:53 »
Why do you need it ? Similarity doesn't do anything in background or have notify about something. Similarity had such feature in past because experiments with P2P tag sharing, this features cut off from program now.

Michi75

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 17:43:47 »
The application runs sometimes several days on my PC if I scan & clean my complete music collection and I do not want to see it in the task bar all time!  :)

YK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 21:55:58 »
1. It's comfortable. Especially if you do not have a super computer, but are limited to wait 2h for processing 170 000 files. Most of us don't have workstations for this task specifically and we do other things too, while we wait. So, while doing other things, not having Similarity to bother us is comfortable.
It would be good, if you included Option to minimize to tray when X is clicked too, from my wishlist, which I understand will be ignored too.
It is not hard to program such things at all and they won't break the program in any way. Why not have such simple things?

2. You are building this software for other people, am I right? If we want something, you give it to us. We pay for what you do. If you build this only for yourself and if you pay to yourself too and even more than we do, then I understand, but you should have at least put up a notice about that and remove wishlist from forum accordingly.
I paid, I had high expectations, I compared and advertised your tool and now you are screwing us, making me eat my words about your tool.
I noticed this being a trend lately: the clients don't choose the product anymore, the product chooses its clients.

Michi75

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:03:04 »
I do fully agree to YK. I do not know why my last post does not apear?!